The primary role of a Software Tester is to ensure that software operates as intended. Testers typically design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure that software is fit for purpose. They document and report the results of testing activities. They have a good understanding of the software lifecycle and software development practices.,
What will I Learn?
You will learn how to plan, design and deliver a range of test strategies, plans and scripts on software applications (including desktop, web, mobile, embedded, mainframe) and how to log and report on these in a range of environments.
What qualifications can I gain?
As part of the Level 4 Software Tester you’ll be registered as a member with the British Computer Society and be on a fast track to a range of industry recognised qualifications, in demand by employers including:
• ISTQB Software Testing Foundation
• Level 4 Apprenticeship (equivalent to a Foundation Degree)
• Microsoft Technical Associate in C#
• British Computer Society Development Essentials
• Microsoft Office Certifications in Word, Excel, PowerPoint