An Infrastructure Technician provides support to internal and external customers, helping them to be productive when using technology to do their own jobs, by using tools to problem solve and trouble shoot non routine problems. The Infrastructure Technician sets people up on systems and provides support when they need it, rectifying issues to maintain the organisations productivity. This will be your role whilst on the Level 3 Infrastructure Apprenticeship.
What will I learn?
You will learn to help users and organisations to maximise the use of technology through remote and on-site support. You’ll learn how to deliver service desks, identify and trouble shoot problems and plan and implement infrastructure upgrades and projects.
What qualifications can I gain?
As part of the Level 3 Infrastructure Technician you’ll be registered as a member with the British Computer Society and be on a fast track to a range of industry recognised qualifications, in demand by employers including:
• Level 3 Apprenticeship (equivalent to A Levels)
• Microsoft Technical Associate Network fundamentals
• CompTIA A+
• Microsoft Technical Associate Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
• CompTIA Security+
• Microsoft Technical Associate Cloud Fundamentals
• Microsoft Office Certifications in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• MTA Software